(adapted from Six Sisters Stuff)
- 1 brownie mix box + ingredients (water, oil, eggs)
- 1 bag of caramels
- 1/2 -> 3/4 ->an entire bag of baking coconut (depending on what you like!)
- pinch of salts
- 4 tablespoons of milk (note, I used vanilla almond milk. definitely adds some dimension, but regular milk is fine)
- 1/2 bag of Chocolate chips!
- Prepare the brownies & let cool.
- *for your sanity, line your baking pan with parchment paper or foil with the extra hanging over the pan. now you can lift out the brownies with no stickyness!
- Cover a cookie sheet with some parchment paper or foil and spread the coconut out in a thin layer. Toast for 3-5 minutes.
- *Keep an eye on it! Burns easily! Stir after every 30-45 seconds.
- Put the caramels, milk and salt into a microwave safe dish. Heat for 2-3 minutes, occasionally stirring till it is smooth and creamy.
- *I used individually wrapped caramels, but I'm sure caramel topping for ice cream would do the trick also.
- Add the coconut to the caramel sauce and spread over the cooled brownies evenly.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a ziplock bag. Snip a corner and pipe/drizzle onto the brownies.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour - but the longer, the better!
- Peel off of the parchment paper/foil and cut into squares.
- Take out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before serving so they can soften a little bit - but not too long otherwise they get too soft and gooey.